Thursday, October 2, 2008

There is a new MONK in town


I've been asking myself several times over the past few years "Should I start a blog? The answer has always been "yes, I should"...and finally today i think that urge has beaten my procrastination tendencies to hell... Good and Bad things come with it, I will be aware of these as guiding principles when I blog

The Good

  • I will blog something that helps somebody - Think of your blog as a way to pay what we have learned from others. This blog will be more of what I have learnt from others than mine. Sometimes, it is more of what has impressed me than what I do or I cannot do
  • By writing out my position on something I will be be forced to crystallize my thoughts on a subject for now and later. That does not mean I will forever have the same view. We change, world changes, situations change and hence my positions will change. I am hoping I will very frequently use my blog as a way to "pre-can" arguments and explanations for later, when I will learn more about it. I think that the simple act of expressing yourself is a good way to learn.
  • Later in life I want to go back and read over old posts and see how my ideas have changed, how I have changed or matured to be euphemistic :-)

The Bad

  • I end up being wrong. Somebody will write a comment that tells you why my views /approach is wrong and they'll often say. "It should be like this" or" I dis agree" I will end up being wiser from the experience.
  • I look like an idiot. Again, I have learned something
  • There are so many good blogger's out there, how could I compete? It's not a competition. Besides, good blogger's come and go. There's often a trajectory of writing a flurry of really great stuff, then waning. I know it happens to me. I start things ambitiously but get distracted and leave everything half done. This might be one of them. That's just the way I am. Anyway, I will look at fresh perspectives in reactions and comments... maybe it will change my perspective and help me continue blogging...

Remember MONK WISDOM is not mine only, but its a bouquet of thoughts, opinions, ideas I gather from what I learn/hear/read from sources other than me. Once in a while if you are patient, you will read few nuggets of wisdom of mine. Oh! yes one other caveat: spelling mistakes, grammatical errors will come with it. That's the charm about blogging....I care, yet I don't care:-) as long as i can gte the p=int a*ross

Tomorrow always comes, and with it, the chance for improvement, recovery, and renewal. But our hope, if it is to have any depth or meaning, must rest on something greater than ourselves . Every once in a while we face the same situation and the next time we are better prepared. Events and situations in life are experiences. Every experience is different. I want my Blog to be THE experience that makes a difference!!!

No comments: