Monday, October 20, 2008

Lessons learned


Yesterday I had the opportunity to volunteer at Jeena. It was a moving experience to take care of kids with Special Needs.

Working with children having special needs teaches important lessons in life. Someone told me you have to be a Saint at heart to work with autistic kids. On the contrary I figured - one will come to the realization that we don't have to be a saint to succeed in meeting the needs of others. I think we will acquire a better understanding of the problems such children face in their development. This awareness is very significant in your future interactions with people around us. I will write more about my perspective some other day, but will end here, saying with just the awareness :
"You will never ever be impatient again when you wait for a blind man crossing the street"

No comments: