Thursday, October 9, 2008

For a Change

Why don't I write about Change today. There has been a lot of things written about change. I have a lot of my thoughts and perspectives too, someday I can write a book..but thats for later.

There are philosophies, ideas, comments, theories on Change. I won't mess with any one of them, but just want to let my thoughts free ..on Change. Reorg is in the air at work. Earlier I used to worry about them and try to be under the radar and hope for the best. But now I like to think, transitions can be the best thing to happen for one. Come to think of it most of revolutions have happened during transitions. Internet is a prime example. It was difficult to believe we don't often receive letters by snail mail any more. The prediction in the future is that, there will be even lesser and lesser letters via snail mail. I am happy I lived through this transition. I can talk about and have my perspective on them some day. But Change Happens and we adapt...

Each of us have our own pet theories of how the world works, different people can look at the same situation, and come to completely different conclusions about what's likely to happen next. Since these often unspoken understandings are among the things futurists are trained to look for, I thought I'd offer a short list of reasons for change

Change Happens for Power
Change Happens for Ideas
Change Happens for Progress
Change Happens for Markets

Change Happens in Conflicts
Change Happens in Cycles
Change Happens in Evolution
Change Happens in Chaos

Finally in closing I want to share an interesting quote that resonated with me..

Change is the nature of life but challenge is the future of life. So challenge the changes. Never change the challenges..
--- Amitabh Bachchan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amitabh_Bachchan

No comments: