Friday, February 22, 2013

Thoughts to Myself - 2

I believe everything happens for a reason. I may not know the exact reason, but I have been reminded of many lessons and learned a few new ones. These are some of my wisdom compilations some are mine, learn't from years of growing up..and as life continues...

No matter how tough things get, life goes on. You can’t look to the past. All we have is this moment.

Being “attached” to something means that you will become immobilized without it.

Bad things do happen to good people.

Time heals all wounds… regardless of how you feel right now.

It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary. This situation has forced us to both see the beauty in the simple things in life and enjoying what we do have. I often think about the little walks we go for as an example. Brings lot of peace, happiness, contentment and connection

You will encounter obstacles and take detours while realizing your dreams.

There is nothing more important than your health. I think the best thing that came out of the tragic situation is that it somehow woke us up and we changed our diet and habits dramatically. We now choose what to eat with caution and measure

"The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself." ― C. JoyBell C.

Events have taught me to be grateful for all of the obstacles in our life. They have strengthened us as we continue with our journey. I will admit, I miss my dad whenever I face difficult situations in our journey. I miss him in a good way, because he taught us how to fight and how to deal with tough situations.

"And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about." ― Haruki Murakami

Over the years, the journey has become more meaningful, God has given us a purpose and sometimes a reason to stop by and think. We have realized, life has its ups and downs. It's not all about Happiness all the time. It is also about "not" being Happy and appreciating Happiness, when it is felt. Happiness, is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.

Life has taught me to be grateful for all the beautiful people in our life including our wonderful friends.

...and lastly you need no talent, no special gift, no powers to "age". No matter who you are....one thing catches up with you... for sure...Happy Birthday!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday dear Chandran Anna :) Have a great day! I have been wanting to visit you guys for ages now. Will definitely try to schedule something this weekend (will call though)

- uma

p.s Did I mention that I love you and this is a wonderfully written article ?

Unknown said...

Dear Chandran Anna,

Wishing you many many happy returns of the day! Have a great day and rock it out :) We have been wanting to swing by for so long. After paying our dues to the weather gods, hopefully we can drop by this weekend (will call bfore coming)

cya
uma

p.s I love you and that is a wonderfully written article (I miss all of them too :( )

Unknown said...

Well, I left couple of comments - but maybe its not meant to be :) Have a wonderful birthday

Vasu said...

Great reflections!!!!

Cannot disagree a bit, lessons learnt in life are invaluable, however the most important aspect are the take aways and how you apply them as you move along.

Great words of wisdom , reminds me of a tamil saying" pattal than puriyum"

Vasu

Pushpa said...

oh ram, this is very heartfelt and written from some deep reflection.. loved it.

-pushpa